The following is a list of various locations shown in Ratched and the real-life counterparts used to portray those locations on film.
- The exterior of the Sealight Inn was filmed at the Lucia Lodge in Lucia, California. The interior of the motel was shot on a set.
- The Lucia State Hospital exterior was filmed at the mansion of the King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas, California. The interior of the hospital, while heavily inspired by the Arrowhead Springs Hotel in San Bernardino, California, was reconstructed on a set.
- Edmund Tolleson's renovated wine cellar prison was filmed at the Dutch Chocolate Shop in Los Angeles, California. The historic restaurant is located in the basement of the building that houses it.
- Lenore Osgood's mansion was filmed at Tony Duquette's Dawnridge in Beverly Hills, California.
- St. John of the Cross Church, featured in the opening scene of Pilot and located in the show in Fair Oaks, California, was filmed at St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church in Los Angeles, California.
- The gas station visited by Mildred Ratched on her way to Lucia was filmed at the Toro Place Cafe on the Monterey Salinas Highway in Salinas, California.
- The Bixby Creek Bridge in Big Sur, California was used to film the wide shots of Mildred Ratched's initial drive into Lucia.
- The bar where Dr. Richard Hanover meets Governor Wilburn and Gwendolyn Briggs was filmed at Cole's French Dip in Los Angeles, California.
- The bar where Mildred Ratched meets with Amelia Emerson was filmed at Tony's Saloon in Los Angeles, California.
- The oyster bar visited in Ice Pick and Angel of Mercy was filmed at the Fish Hopper restaurant on Cannery Row in Monterey, California.
- The women's bar Gwendolyn Briggs drove Mildred Ratched to was filmed at the Big Sur Grange hall in Big Sur, California.
- Guido's Restaurant in Los Angeles, California was used to film the dinner between Mildred Ratched and Dr. Richard Hanover.
- The university campus Charlotte Wells verbally accosts a violin player on was filmed at the Chalon campus of Mount Saint Mary's University in Los Angeles, California.
- The exterior of the marionette theater visited by Mildred Ratched and Gwendolyn Briggs, located in the show in Modesto, California, was filmed at the Velaslavasay Panorama's Union Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The interior set was constructed on a stage.
- The gas station used by Edmund Tolleson to phone Mildred Ratched was filmed at the Four Aces Movie Ranch in Palmdale, California.
- The exterior of the hotel in Mexico where Mildred Ratched and Gwendolyn Briggs are shown to live was filmed at the Adamson House in Malibu, California.
- The interior hotel suite scenes were filmed in West Hills, California in the former home of Czech-American actor Francis Lederer, in what is now the Malibu Wines & Beer Garden.
- @thedarkerdark on Instagram: Heidi Berg behind the scenes photos Instagram post (OCT 5 2020)
- @thedarkerdark on Instagram: Heidi Berg behind the scenes photos Instagram post (SEP 18 2020)
- Atlas of Wonders: Atlas of Wonders: Where Was Ratched Filmed? The Hospital and House Filming Locations
- Town and Country Magazine: Town and Country: The Secret References to Insane Asylums and Old Hollywood in Netflix's 'Ratched' (SEP 20 2020)
- @JonJonBriones on Twitter: "Something you didn't know about #Ratched: Remember the marionette show in episode 6? A heartbreaking scene with @MsSarahPaulson & @CynthiaNixon and beautifully directed by @jessicayuauthor. Our @RatchedNetflix crew wonderfully created the theatre in a sound stage." (OCT 3 2020)
- Dirt: Inside the ‘Ratched’ Resort: the Adamson House is a Mexican Hotel (SEP 29 2020)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.